Who we are
Four Elements Design Studio is run solely by Elizabeth Cadd. She is a freelance pattern designer and artist based in Shropshire, UK.
The website address is: https://www.fourelementsdesignstudio.com/stg_7a65c.
Address : 4 Val View, Tetchill, Ellesmere, Shropshire, England, United Kingdom. SY12 9AZ.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- When registering for an account with Four Elements Design Studio, we ask for and collect data such as : name, email address, company name, company address, company website, nature of business and your position. This is so that we can verify you are a genuine business interested in searching for and buying exclusive surface pattern designs on our website. By submitting your details through the registration form you give us active consent to retain this information.
- When you purchase patterns through our shop, we will collect transactional data, such as purchase information and keep legal accounting records for tax purposes (HMRC). Details such as recent orders, downloads, email address, shipping and billing addresses, password and account details are kept in order to fulfill your order and provide goods or services.
- We also collect sensitive data from those who submit information through the ‘Contact’ form, ‘Get Handpicked Suggestions’ form and ‘Request new Designs’ form too. Including: We keep contact form submissions for customer service purposes, but we do not use the information submitted through them for marketing purposes.
- Details of products in your ‘Wishlist’ are also kept to maintain your account for future orders.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website email notifications and/or newsletters are used for marketing purposes, but not passed on to any third parties.
- We may or may not choose to retain any other information that you choose to send to us.
Embedded content from other websites
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
We will use session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website, keep track of items in your shopping basket, prevent fraud and increase website security. We will use persistent cookies to enable our website to recognise you when you visit and keep track of your preferences in relation to your use of our website. Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer (version 9) you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block All Cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
Who we share your data with
There are numerous WordPress plugins used to maintain this website which collects information and store it to optimise your experience. Please review their data usage below.
WooCommerce (Shopping Cart)
Woocommerce collects information about you during the checkout process on our store.
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 8 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who has access?
Only our Shop Administrator has access to the information you provide us, such as:
- Order information, e.g what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our Shop Administrator has access to this information to help fulfil orders, process refunds and support your experience.
Payment Providers & Email Marketing
We share information with third parties who help us fulfil our orders and store services to you.
Below details our payment service providers and links to their privacy policies. They may also send you cookies during the payment process.
MailChimp for WooCommerce
How long we retain your data
For users that register on our website, we store the personal information they provide. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information. We will retain contact form entries for three years, analytics records for two years and customer purchase records for eight years.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical precautions to prevent the loss or misuse of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers.
All electronic transactions entered into via the website will be protected by encryption technology.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. You are responsible for keeping your password and other login details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
What data breach procedures we have in place
If a data breach occurs we will notify you as soon as possible and report certain types of personal data breach to the relevant supervisory authority if needed. We will do this within 72 hours of becoming aware of the breach, where feasible.
Where we send your data
Our contact information
If you have any privacy-specific concerns, please contact the Data Protection Officer, Elizabeth Cadd on firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07583635994